Will County Car Accident Lawyers
Sadly, car accidents happen every single day in all sorts of places. The Will County area of Illinois is certainly no exception. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that millions of car accidents occur each year. Tens of thousands of people involved in those accidents sadly lose their lives while millions are left with injuries. However, even if a person is involved in a relatively minor car accident, they can still be left with injuries, damages and emotional trauma.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident that was not your fault and sustained an injury, you need to take action. While you might be able to pay for your medical bills out of pocket with no problem, when your injury stems from the negligence of another driver, you should always get in touch with a car accident attorney who can help you to start a personal injury claim. You have a right to collect compensation for your medical bills, vehicle damage, lost wages, ongoing treatment and pain and suffering. Your lawyer can help you whether you choose to directly sue the individual at fault for the accident or through their auto insurance policy.
What Can a Lawyer Do for You?
A car accident lawyer can do a lot for you in terms of helping you get your case off the ground. In addition, there are many complex aspects of a personal injury case that require an attorney’s expertise and experience. You have a far better chance of recovering the maximum compensation as well when you have legal representation. A personal injury attorney can do the following for you:
• Communicate with the other person’s insurance company
• Gather all the pertinent evidence that proves the other person’s liability
• Gather and organize your medical records and all bills
• Communicate with your doctors and other healthcare professionals to obtain any missing medical documents
• Work directly with your doctors and other healthcare professionals to ensure they provide all the necessary information to prove your claim
• Present evidence to prove liability for your claim
• Negotiate with lien holders on your claim, including health, disability or workers’ compensation insurance companies, to reduce the lien amounts if necessary
• Negotiate a good settlement with the other person’s lawyer or insurance company
Why Do Car Accidents Occur?
A car accident can happen for a variety of reasons. Usually, they occur because of events that are beyond the control of the victim. A car accident can happen due to any of the following factors:
• Speeding over the legal speed limit
• Weather conditions, such as rainstorms, snow or sleet and roads becoming slick and slippery
• Driver impairment due to alcohol, drugs, fatigue or illness
• Distracted driving as a result of texting, talking on the phone, eating, vigorous conversations with passengers and more
• Road conditions such as construction and foreign objects present
• Mechanical failure of a vehicle, such as with brakes, tires and steering
• Complex road designs, dangerous surface conditions, poor visibility or improper road markings
In general, there may be certain degrees of fault in a road accident. In many cases, it may be necessary to prove that another driver was actually at fault for an accident, even if there are no injuries as a result. An attorney can be integral in proving your case if you were injured and suffered vehicle damage after being in an accident with another driver.
Using Experts in Car Accident Cases
In some car accident cases, it may be necessary to prove that the other driver was the one who caused the accident and is therefore liable for your injuries and damages. In such cases, your attorney will turn to an expert to help prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident. The accident expert will perform a reconstruction of the accident while medical experts can provide helpful testimony regarding your injuries.
If you have been injured in a car accident that was the fault of someone else, you need to consider your options. You need to speak with an experienced car accident attorney who can help you prepare your personal injury case. You will have the best opportunity for getting a settlement that is more than fair to pay for your medical bills, lost wages and more.