Slip and Fall Accident Lawyers
Accidents are not uncommon. However, if you slip, fall, and become injured, you may have the right to gain compensation. When you visit a friend or are doing business at a company’s facility, you expect the property to be properly maintained. If there is a failure or disregard for safety, and you fall as a result of this negligence, you deserve some type of reimbursement. However, you must prove that the other party was at fault and could have prevented the personal injury. To form a solid case, you need an experienced slip and fall attorney by your side. At the Zayed Law Offices, you can trust that we will work hard to bring you the justice that you deserve. Our team proudly serves clients around the Rockford area.
What is a Slip and Fall Accident?
There are a number of instances that constitute a slip and fall accident.
- Slip and Fall. A Slip and fall occurs when you lose your footing on wet floors, fall over a hole in the ground, or fall when the ground’s surface is not safe. Serious injuries may result.
- Trip and Fall. The most common slip and fall accident happens when a person trips over a certain object, including a tree root, hidden curb, uneven pavement, or similar object.
- Stump and Fall. When a person happens upon an obstacle while walking along, he or she may stumble, fall, and become injured.
What You Need to Prove So That You Gain Compensation
In order to win a slip and fall case and gain adequate compensation for your injuries, you must pinpoint the cause of the accident and uncover if it could have been prevented by the property owner.
All slip and fall cases fall under negligence law. If a property owner knew that there was a dangerous problem and did nothing to prevent harm, he or she is negligent and is responsible for damages. An individual must prove that the property owner did not properly maintain his or her property, the property contained unsafe conditions that caused the accident, and that the owner knew about the hazard and did not provide any warning.
How to Protect your Rights After a Slip and Fall Injury
At our law firm, we have seen cases where property owners tried to cover up the scene of the accident so that he or she would not have to pay compensation. To protect your rights, we advise clients to follow a few tips so that their rights are protected.
- Take Pictures. Immediately following a slip and fall incident, it is crucial to take photos of the scene and the hazard that led to the accident.
- Seek Medical Attention. One of the most common mistakes that a person makes after slipping and falling is walking away without seeking medical attention. Even though you may feel like no damage has been done, injuries may show up later. Some people tend to be embarrassed after falling, but there is no shame in seeking help for a problem that was not his or her fault. Seeking medical treatment establishes a record of the accident. If serious injuries have occurred, they will be professionally documented as well.
- Obtain Contact Information. If witnesses were present at the time of the accident, it is recommended to obtain their contact information. While building your case, the accounts of these individuals will be crucial.
- Report the Incident to the Property Owner. Although you may not want to confront the owner of the property, especially if it is a big business, it is vital to inform this person that you have been hurt on his or her property. It is important to understand that you do not have to provide in-depth information without your lawyer present.
How Much is Your Case Worth?
Many times, the cost of your medical expenses and other monetary issues will be covered by the property owner’s insurance. However, it is essential to prove liability. Every case is handled on an individual basis, and compensation will be based upon a number of conditions.
- Severity of the Injury
- Past, Current, and Future Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
How We Can Help
At the Zayed Law Offices, you can trust that you are in good hands during your slip and fall accident case. Our reputation for winning personal injury cases speaks for itself. We have recovered millions of dollars for our clients and look forward to serving you in your time of need. We understand the burden of proof and know how to handle large insurance companies that try to settle for less than a fair amount. Let us use our abilities to help you gain justice. For a free consultation, call us at (815)671-4730.