Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers
Every year the citizens of Rockford, Illinois, fall victim to road traffic accidents, medical malpractice, accidents in the workplace, animal attacks, and a host of other issues, many of which are caused by negligence or misconduct on behalf of employers, medical professionals, and members of the public. These injuries can change lives, leading to insurmountable medical bills and triggering a domino effect that can damage careers, families, and health.
But it doesn’t need to be like that. Our Rockford personal injury lawyers can help victims to navigate this chaotic time, helping them to deal with the stress and the inevitable financial burden that such an injury can cause.
How Our Rockford Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
In simple terms, the goal of a personal injury lawyer is to right a wrong, to get compensation for an egregious act committed through malice or negligence, one that causes injury and has serious repercussions for the victim. Our personal injury attorneys in Rockford, Illinois, can help file claims for many different injuries, from those sustained on the road, to those sustained on the operating table.
Q. Why Can’t I Represent Myself? A. You can, but it’s not advised. Personal injury law is complex and you need an experienced and knowledgeable lawyer on your side to guide you.
Q. How Much do You Charge? A. There is no upfront fee for our services—you only pay when your case has been settled. You can also contact us for a free consultation to discuss your case.
Q. How Do I Know if I Can Claim? A. Read this article to get an understanding of what you likely can and can’t claim for. You can also contact us to discuss it further.
Q. How Do I Get Started with Zayed Law? A. Use the Contact Us button at the bottom of this page to begin the process.
What Do Personal Injury Claims Cover?
The goal of a personal injury claim is to achieve financial compensation. The exact award will depend on the type of injury and on where and how it was sustained, but the personal injury specialist will seek to include the following in their estimate:
- Medical Expenses: Healthcare is expensive and even a short-term issue or relatively minor injury can lead to thousands of dollars’ worth of fees. The claim will need to cover these fees as well as any future fees, from physiotherapy to prescription medication, surgeries and more.
- Lost Earnings: Whether you lose the occasional day’s work attending doctor’s appointments or you’re forced to take several months off, your settlement will need to cover your lost earnings. This amount will be much larger if it is determined that you can never work again.
- Pain, Suffering, and Personal Costs: Recovery can be a long, slow, and painful process and you need to be compensated for this. There may also be additional personal and property costs to consider, especially if you need to buy specialist equipment or adapt your home to meet your needs.
- Errors Involving Anesthesia
- Injuries During Birth (brachial plexus, shoulder dystocia, Cerebral palsy)
- Surgical Errors
- Missed Diagnoses
- Medication Errors
You may be entitled to a medical malpractice settlement even when you don’t realize it. This aspect of personal injury law is not limited to surgical mistakes and medication errors, as many assume. It also includes misdiagnoses. If you have were misdiagnosed for any of the following, then you may be able to claim:
- Heart Attack
- Chronic Conditions (MS, Lupus, ALS)
- Mental Health Conditions
- Drunk Drivers
- Underinsured or Uninsured Drivers
- Emergency Vehicles
- Hit-and-Run and Pedestrian Accidents
- Bike and Bus Accidents
Over 1,000 people die on Illinois roads every year and thousands more suffer injuries that they may never fully recover from. Drunk drivers, uninsured drivers, speeding emergency vehicles, hit and runs—all these things are out of your control and if you are injured as a result of them then you can claim.
Other Personal Injuries
- Dog Bite/Cat Scratch
- Other Animal Attacks
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Toxic Exposure
- Slips and Falls
- Wrongful Deaths
- Premises and Product Liability
The personal injury field is vast and encompasses a wealth of different sectors and injury types, from the medical malpractice and road accidents discussed above to dog bites, cat scratches, nursing home abuse, and more. Generally speaking, if you have ever suffered (physically, mentally, or emotionally) as a direct result of someone’s negligence or malice, then you may be entitled to a personal injury claim.
This is something that you can discuss with our personal injury lawyers in Rockford. We offer a free consultation to all of our customers and we never charge an upfront fee. This means that you won’t be required to pay anything until you get the compensation you are entitled to.
Contact us today to discuss this further and see how we can help you.