Peoria Personal Injury Lawyers
Fewer than 120,000 people live in the city of Peoria, making it the 8th largest in the state. This is a mini-metropolis built on healthcare, which provides a quarter of the city’s GDP, and one that is served by three highways and countless roads and streets. It’s no surprise then that medical malpractice and road traffic accidents are commonplace in Peoria.
Every year, hundreds of Peoria residents suffer from injuries that are the fault of drivers, healthcare professionals, employers, animals, and other residents. These victims are left with life-changing injuries and great financial stress, but that’s where our Peoria personal injury lawyers can help.
Regardless of the type or severity of the injury, if it was experienced as a result of someone else’s negligence, we can help you claim.
What are you Entitled to?
A personal injury claim is not simply a sum of money paid to silence the individual or to apologize for a transgression. It’s an amount of money geared towards helping that individual deal with the financial and personal repercussions and is based on several factors, including:
- Medical Bills: US healthcare is some of the best in the world, but it’s also some of the most expensive and can leave people financially crippled. A personal injury claim will include an amount designed to cover any past and future medical expenses, including surgeries and prescriptions. This figure will be estimated following a discussion with a healthcare professional.
- Loss of Income: If you suffer from a debilitating injury, then it may leave you unable to work for weeks, months, or even years. The claim will look to cover all lost wages, including the time you take off to visit a doctor or undergo a surgical procedure.
- Additional Expenses: Any financial expense that is a direct result of your injury can be added to the claim. For instance, you may need to cover travel expenses resulting from repeat visits to a doctor’s office. You may also be required to change certain aspects of your home to cater for physical, mental, or emotional changes.
- Drunk Drivers
- Underinsured or Uninsured Drivers
- Emergency Vehicles
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus and Bike Accidents
Over 1,000 people lose their lives on Illinois roads every year, and thousands more suffer serious, life-changing injuries. The accident rate in Peoria is on par with the average across Illinois, but accidents and fatalities involving drunk drivers are more common in Peoria County than they are statewide. These are some of the biggest road accident injury claims, but they are far from the only ones.
If you have been hit by a car, truck, bus, bike, or another vehicle, either as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, and if that accident was a result of negligence or misconduct, our Peoria injury lawyers can help.
- Mistakes Regarding Anesthesia
- Birth Injuries
- Errors During Surgery
- Missed/Incorrect Diagnosis
- Medication Errors
The average citizen is expected to spend $316,000 throughout their lifetime. This is a hugely profitable industry, one that accounts for a significant chunk of the US economy and employs more people than any other industry. It’s easy to look kindly on the people and the facilities that try to help you, but just like your employer or your local department store, they are there to make a profit and when they make a mistake they need to be held accountable for it.
Medical malpractice lawsuits are some of the most lucrative in the legal sector, because they are also some of the most financially and physically crippling. People die, lose limbs, suffer serious brain injuries, and are forced to deal with life-long handicaps because of mistakes made by healthcare professionals. These are much more common than you might think and can happen even during routine operations and diagnoses.
The goal of our Peoria medical malpractice experts is to cover the costs accrued following such a serious mistake and to make sure the victim is properly compensated.
Other Personal Injuries
- Dog Bite/Cat Scratch
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Toxic Exposure/Asbestos
- Slip and Fall
- Wrongful Death Claims
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
Animal attacks, injuries resulting from nursing home abuse, burns or scars from defective products—all of these and more can also qualify for compensation claims and can be handled by our expert Peoria injury specialists.
We work with people across the city of Peoria and throughout the wider state of Illinois, fighting against the insurance companies and settling claims for people in need.
Some of the most common claims outside of medical malpractice and road accidents occur in the workplace, where over 5,000 Illinois citizens die every single year. Many of these happen on the construction site or the factory floor, but drivers, roofers, electricians, and many other professionals can also die or suffer a serious injury on the job.
Get Help Today
Whether you have been injured in a healthcare setting, the workplace, on the road, or somewhere else, if that injury was the result of someone else’s wrongdoing or carelessness, then we can help you to file a claim. Use the Contact option below to arrange your free consultation with one of our Peoria personal injury lawyers.