Crete Personal Injury Lawyers
When you have been injured in an accident through no fault of your own, it doesn’t seem fair that you should suffer so much while the other party has few consequences. If you were financially secure and enjoyed life before the accident, this may no longer be the case. You now have medical expenses to pay, can’t work and probably have reduced enjoyment of life. At The Law Offices of Adam J. Zayed, P.C., we think this is just as unfair as you do. That is why we are dedicated to fighting for the rights of personal injury victims.
What is a Personal Injury?
Our law firm represents people who have sustained serious injuries in car accidents as well as several other types of accidents. Some of these include:
- Defective Products: Consumers have the right to expect products they buy to be free of manufacturing defects. They are also entitled to honest advertising about the product and ample instructions on how to use it. You may have a personal injury claim if the product manufacturer failed in any of these areas.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners are legally liable for their dog’s behavior, including when he or she bites someone. The only exception to this rule is if you were trespassing on the dog owner’s property.
- Medical Malpractice: All medical personnel must use their training and experience to treat their patients properly. When they fail to diagnose a disease or provide the wrong treatment for a condition, it can have devastating consequences.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Family members of the elderly must place them in a nursing home because they are no longer able to provide care. They trust the nursing home staff to treat their loved one with love and respect, but this doesn’t always happen. Physical abuse, sexual abuse and neglect are unfortunate realities in many nursing homes today.
- Trip and Fall Accidents: Also called premises liability, this area of personal injury law covers people who are hurt due to any negligence of a property owner.
- Workplace Accidents: Your employer has the duty to provide a safe working environment. Unfortunately, may cut corners to save money. If you are not satisfied with the workers’ compensation you receive or you don’t receive anything at all, our law firm can help.
- Wrongful Death: When another person caused the death of a close family member through negligence or intentional actions, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
The Personal Injury Lawsuit Process
If you feel that another person, group of people or organization is responsible for your injuries, the first step is to schedule a free consultation with The Law Offices of Adam J. Zayed, P.C. After meeting with you , our personal injury attorneys will advise you on whether your case has enough merit to file a lawsuit. If it does, we gather the necessary evidence and then present the lawsuit to the other party on your behalf. While we aim for an out of court settlement, we are also prepared to fight aggressively for your right to fair compensation in court.
Monetary and Non-Monetary Damages You Could Win
Judges look at several types of damages you suffered as the result of the accident when determining your final compensation. The first category is monetary damages, such as medical costs, damage to property and time missed from work. Non-monetary damages may cover pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and loss of companionship in wrongful death cases. If your personal injury lawsuit is successful, our law firm deducts your legal fee at that time. You don’t owe anything if we are unable to procure a settlement for you.