Aurora Personal Injury Lawyers
We have personal injury experts operating across the state of Illinois, from Chicago and Wheaton to the city of Aurora. It is our mission to help victims get the money they deserve from negligent parties and to take away the stress that can result from a sudden injury in the workplace, on the road, in a hospital, or anywhere else.
Contact us today for a no-strings free consultation or read about our process below.
How Our Aurora Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help
We can take the burden of responsibility away from you and deal with your case. We will contact any necessary independent experts and will also speak with the insurance company handling your claim. In most cases, personal injury claims are settled out of court for a sum that both the victim and the defendant are happy with.
These claims tend to be settled quickly and without the stress of court appearances, but we will do what it takes to get the money you deserve.
What Will My Claim Cover?
A claim is designed to compensate you for any current and future losses that are a direct, or indirect, result of your injury. The cost of current and past expenses will be added to the projected cost of future ones and used to establish a fair claim.
All the following will be taken into account by your Aurora personal injury attorney to arrive at this figure:
- Current Medical Expenses: The average US citizen will spend $316,000 on healthcare throughout their lifetime. That’s a lot of money, especially if a large percentage of it results from an injury that was someone else’s fault. Your claim will cover all medical expenses that have already accrued, as well as projected expenses for the foreseeable future. It may also include travel costs if you are required to attend multiple appointments.
- Lost Earnings: If you can’t work then you can’t pay bills, you can’t feed or clothe yourself, and someone needs to be held accountable for that. Your claim will take lost earnings into account and cover both short-term and long-term losses, depending on the severity of the injury.
- Other Personal Losses: Personal injury is complex and there are numerous damages to cover in addition to the ones discussed above. Your claim may also cover any losses to property or assets, while taking into account pain, suffering, and emotional harm.
We can help with all personal injury cases and offer a free consultation to help you make a start and to give you peace of mind. We never charge an upfront amount for our services and always wait for the case to be settled before requesting our fee.
Whether you can settle your claim or not will depend on several factors. Take a look below to better understand these and to discover the most common types of claims:
- Accidents Resulting from Drunk/Uninsured Drivers
- Accidents Involving Emergency Vehicles
- Hit-and-Runs and Pedestrian Accidents
- Bus and Bike Accidents
Road accident claims are paid when the victim can prove that the defendant acted negligently. You must document the injury and the crash scene as soon as you are able. If you’re able, use your smartphone to take a video of the crash or to snap a few pictures. This will help to establish prove, which will be essential as the case develops.
It is also important to contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. A delay may slow the claim down and prevent you from being rewarded as much as you deserve, and the sooner you contact one of our Aurora personal injury lawyers, the quicker we can settle your claim.
Accidents in the Workplace
- Vehicle Accidents in the Workplace
- Toxic Chemicals
- Electrical Injuries
- Accidents Involving Machinery
Trips and falls are the leading cause of workplace accidents. The onus is on the employer to prevent these from happening. They can do this by installing proper guardrails and safety barriers, or by ensuring that stairs, ladders and other equipment are well maintained. If not, then they may be liable.
Generally speaking, if your accident was caused by your employer, either directly or a result of poor standards, training, or maintenance, then you have a case.
Contact Us Today
In addition to the aforementioned injuries, our personal injury lawyers in Aurora can also help with all of the following:
- Medical Malpractice (Birth Injuries, Missed Diagnoses)
- Animal Attacks (Including Dog Bites)
- Abuse Suffered in Nursing Homes
- Exposure to Toxic Substances (Including Asbestos)
- Slips and Falls
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- And More
If you have experienced an injury resulting from negligence that isn’t listed, contact us today to discuss it. We do not charge an upfront fee when we accept your case and always offer a free consultation in the first instance.